Survey of Parent/Guardians Attending the Parent Summit
GEAR UP 4 LA is a program at your child’s school offering events and services to help you learn how to support your child’s academic and lifelong success.
The purpose of this survey is to help us understand your thoughts on your child’s education and knowledge of education options and processes. The information you provide will remain confidential; only GEAR UP staff will see your responses, not your child's teachers or school staff. Responses from completed surveys will be combined before they are presented to non-GEAR UP staff.
Answer these questions about your 9th or 10th grade child. If you have more than one child in these grades, please complete a survey for each child.
What is your child's first and last name?
What is your child's student ID?
1. What high school does your 9th or 10th grade child attend?
Academic Leadership Community @ Contreras
Manual Arts College Preparatory Magnet
Roybal Learning Center
Belmont High School
Manual Arts High School
Santee Education Complex
Business and Tourism @ Contreras
Maya Angelou Community Schools
Social Justice @ Contreras
Early College Academy
Nava College Preparatory Academy
West Adams Firefighter Academy
Frida Kahlo Continuation High School
Newmark Continuation High School
West Adams Police Academy
Jefferson High School
Obama Preparatory Academy
West Adams Prep High School
Los Angeles School of Global Studies @ Contreras
Roybal LC Innov Cine Arts/Music Prod Magnet
2. What is the highest level of education that you think your child will achieve? (Select only one option.)
Will not complete high school
GED or other high school equivalency test
Alternative certificate of completion
High school diploma
Technical/vocational school certificate
Two-year college degree - AA/AS
Four-year college degree - BA/BS
Graduate degree - MA/MS/PhD/JD/MD
3. Do you have enough information about financial aid to help you plan to pay for your child’s college when the time comes?
4. Do you think that your child could afford to go to a public four-year college using financial aid, scholarships, and your family’s resources?
5. Which of the following types of financial aid needs to be paid back?
I don’t know
Family and Community Support Outside the Classroom
Indicate how much you agree or disagree with each statement:
6. I know how to support my student during high school.
7. I am able to talk to my student about college.
8. I understand the kind of pressure my child may face during the transition to college.
9. I feel knowledgeable about education requirements for a variety of careers.
10. I feel prepared to talk to my child about their college and career choices.
11. I know which A-G courses my child needs to pass with a ‘C’ or better to get into college.