Survey of Parent/Guardians Attending the Parent Summit
GEAR UP 4 LA is a program at your child’s school offering events and services to help you learn how to support your child’s academic and lifelong success.
The purpose of this survey is to help us understand your thoughts on your child’s education and knowledge of education options and processes. The information you provide will remain confidential; only GEAR UP staff will see your responses, not your child's teachers or school staff. Responses from completed surveys will be combined before they are presented to non-GEAR UP staff.
Answer these questions about your 9th or 10th grade child. If you have more than one child in these grades, please complete a survey for each child.
What is your child's first and last name?
What is your child's student ID?
1. What high school does your 9th or 10th grade child attend?
Diego Rivera LC - Communication & Technology
Marquez HPIAM High School
Diego Rivera LC - Green Design STEAM Academy
Marquez Libra Academy
Diego Rivera LC - Performing Arts
Marquez Social Justice
Diego Rivera LC - Public Service Community
South East High
Fremont Senior High School
South East Senior High Technology and Media Magnet
Fremont Senior High School STEAM Magnet
South Gate Senior High
Huntington Park Senior High
South Gate Senior High Pub Service/Biomed Magnet
Huntington Park Senior High STEAM Magnet
2. What is the highest level of education that you think your child will achieve? (Select only one option.)
Will not complete high school
GED or other high school equivalency test
Alternative certificate of completion
High school diploma
Technical/vocational school certificate
Two-year college degree - AA/AS
Four-year college degree - BA/BS
Graduate degree - MA/MS/PhD/JD/MD
3. Do you know what Dual Enrollment classes are?
4. Do you have enough information about financial aid to help you plan to pay for your child’s college when the time comes?
5. Do you think that your child could afford to go to a public four-year college using financial aid, scholarships, and your family’s resources?
6. Which of the following types of financial aid needs to be paid back?
I don’t know
Family and Community Support Outside the Classroom
Indicate how much you agree or disagree with each statement:
7. I know how to support my student during high school.
8. I am able to talk to my student about college.
9. I understand the kind of pressure my child may face during the transition to college.
Indicate whether you believe the following are true or false:
10. Dual Enrollment classes can only be taken when students are in their senior year.
11. Taking Dual Enrollment classes can make college more affordable.
12. Taking Dual Enrollment can make my student more competitive for college admission.
Indicate how much you agree or disagree:
13. I understand the commitment my child will make if they take a Dual Enrollment course.