LET'S GEAR UP Lufkin
Survey of Students in Lufkin High School: 2021-22
LET'S GEAR UP is a program at your school to help you learn about and prepare for college. The purpose of this survey is to help us learn how the LET'S GEAR UP Program can best serve you.
Please answer the following questions about school and your future plans. The information you provide will remain confidential; only LET'S GEAR UP staff will see your responses, not your teachers or other school staff. To protect your privacy, your answers will be combined with all others before they are presented to non-GEAR UP staff.
What is your name?
What is your Student ID number?
What is your current grade level?
1. What is the highest level of education that you expect to obtain?
High school or less
Some college, no two- or four-year college degree
Two-year college degree
Four-year college degree or higher
2. How important to your future is getting an education beyond high school?
3. If you do not continue your education after high school, what would be the main reason (Mark only one)
I will continue
It costs too much or cannot afford it
My grades are not good enough
I want to join the military
KNOWLEDGE ABOUT COLLEGE
4. Do you know what you need to do to graduate from high school?
5. Has anyone from your school or GEAR UP ever spoken with you about the courses you need to take in high school in order to prepare for college?
6. Are you knowledgeable about the benefits to you of going to college?
7. Do you know what you need to do to get accepted into the college/university you plan to attend?
8. Are you knowledgeable about the cost of going to college?
9. Are you knowledgeable about financial aid?
10. Has anyone from your school or GEAR UP ever spoken with you about the availability of financial aid to help you pay for college?
11. Do you have enough information about financial aid to help you plan to pay for college?
12. Do you think that you could afford to attend a public four-year college using financial aid, scholarships, and your family's resources?
13. What is the highest level of education of your parents? (Mark only the highest level achieved by either parent.)
Less than high school diploma
High school diploma or equivalent/GED
Some college, but less than a two-year degree
A two year-degree
A four-year degree or higher
14. Is anyone in your family currently attending college?
15. Did either of your parents graduate from a four-year university?